Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Manager at our Altoona manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the supervision of production and personnel related functions of the plant.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to directly supervise the functions of hourly production personnel and communicate daily with management regarding production, personnel, scheduling, and quality.
Additional responsibilities of the Production Manager will include:
- Responsible for the direction of hourly employees in the areas of production, quality, safety, and value of order
- Monitor adherence to procedures involving processing of orders and filling out paperwork
- Ensure company policies are being communicated and adhered to
- Manage and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods
- Major challenges include the efficient use of material, machinery, and labor to produce a quality product
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 3 years manufacturing experience
- 1 - 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to operate machinery/mechanical experience
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.