Central States Manufacturing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager
at Central States Manufacturing
JOB SUMMARY: This sales position is required to successfully manage all elements of their assigned territory and meet/exceed territory goals, partner with customers to help grow their business and increase market penetration.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide input towards sales budgets and plans
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to meet and exceed goals in the following areas: Sales, Gross Margin Pounds, Gross Margin Dollars, Pounds Shipped, Return Material Authorization percentages.
- Acts as CSMI’s primary liaison with assigned customers in order to satisfy those customers’ needs, exercising discretion and independent judgment in the process
- Communicates with customers; understands customers needs; effectively prioritizes use of company resources and handling customer relations and services.
- Consider the market conditions of their territory, customer needs, company objectives and their territory goals in their daily decision making and apply sound judgment in their relative decision making
- Utilize independent authority to change or accommodate the following as appropriate to accommodate customer and business needs: Customer Pricing, Freight Charges, Product Packaging Requirements,
Special Delivery Requirements:
- Aggressively develop new business
- Identify and survey prospective customers by phone
- Develop and present proposals to address customers specific needs
- Work with Territory Manager partners in maintaining and growing existing customers
- Provide guidance, leadership, and direction to all areas of the territory management
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for territory
- Determining customer needs; communicating features and benefits effectively
- Apply and develop professional sales skills, ability to sell consultatively
- Have or develop an understanding of the metal building business
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition
- Participates in periodic inventories as needed
- Involvement in the credit & account establishment processes for new customers
- Desire to be involved in work functions bridging the gap between sales and management.
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor degree in relative field preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of one year proven field sales success in meeting and / or exceeding sales quotas preferred.
- Approximately 50% travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Sufficient organizational and planning skills
- Ability to learn and practice the “cold call” function of our business
- Understanding of all Job Duties and responsibilities of a Territory Sales Manager.
- Self-starter with leadership skills and willingness to take ownership and be a team player
- Must possess CSMI’s core values