Central States Manufacturing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Lead (2nd shift)
at Central States Manufacturing
- Provides day-to-day leadership of assigned team.
- Works with the operations supervisor to execute daily production plan, site initiatives, and company initiatives.
- Supports initiatives to improve the customers’ business.
- Continually improves all aspects of the assigned area.
- Ensures areas of responsibility adhere to company standards.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures assigned areas operate within the Central States Mission and Values
- Follows and enforces all plant safety procedures and uses all applicable personal protective gear. Ensures safety
goals are achieved and safety performance continually improves. Periodically performs Job Safety Analysis
reviews. Observes and documents near miss/accident reports and assist with root cause and corrective action
- Ensures that the assigned area is to standard in terms of 5S and work standards
- Develops team through constant On the Job Training and coaching
- Executes daily “huddles” with assigned team, when supervisor is not available; includes driving to conclusion daily
- Drives and leads continuous improvement activities to improve areas performance in safety, quality, on time
performance and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Executes visual management methods in the daily operations within his/her department, including but not limited
to safety, quality, on time performance to schedule, and site KPIs
- Ensures compliance to Central States and customer specific quality specifications. Ensures that all quality control
checks are effectively completed and work instructions are followed
- Execute and achieve daily production plans and goals
- Cover manpower gaps as needed, serve as a working team leader
- Coaching of all team members to instill a basic continuous improvement mindset and apply these improvements
to the overall job duties/tasks and safety expectations
- Ability to create a team first culture and drive assigned team towards common goals and objectives. Demonstrate
the ability to build trust and followership within the team and mitigate any distractions within the team quickly
- Motivating the team to achieve excellence through meeting and exceeding goals. Ability to apply problem solving
methods to identify and correct any concerns or issues
- Demonstrated capability to be an active listener and ensure timely follow up and closure to any open issues or
concerns the team has raised
- Float to constrained areas in the department/shift as needed to coach, problem solve or provide additional
capacity in order to achieve goals
- Ensure on time performance/delivery through production planning and scheduling for department/shift
- Works with the team to ensure deviations from standards (above or below targets) are understood and corrective
actions are in place to address these deviations
- Utilize hourly performance tracking and scorecards to understand performance issues as it relates to missing
targets, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions
- Ensure Quality Control standards are followed consistently at each work center based on the QC standard, RMA
corrective actions, internal/external customer feedback and work instructions
- Demonstrate, train, and drive the operational principals within the team at all times. These basic principles center
on continuous improvement tools such as: 5-S, waste elimination, production scheduling, and removal cost of
- Ask clarifying questions and seek to understand the root cause of issues
- Reward and reinforce good behavior/performance and recognize and correct poor performance/behavior
- Maintain and deploy updated work instructions at ALL workstations. Ensure training and deployment is to the
latest standard and is complete and effective
- Drive Visual Factory improvements throughout the department
- Communicate the status of continuous improvement projects and follow up actions related to employee issues
Skills to accomplish these items:
- Good communicator, active listener
- Demonstrated ability to listen and react to employee concerns
- Meets the transversal and professional competency expectations
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated support of company goals, values and mission statement.
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
- Ability to learn production operations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to twist, bend and reach to perform job duties.
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Follow procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Be detailed and customer oriented.
- Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and word
- High School diploma/GED equivalent