Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Highway Project Engineer CO718
at Century Engineering
- 10-Jul-2018 to 08-Oct-2018 (EST)
- Conshohocken, PA, USA
- Full Time
Century Engineering - Conshohocken, PA Office
Century is seeking responsible candidates for highway and drainage design for transportation projects under the guidance of an experienced project manager. Candidates will assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships.
The successful candidate is expected to perform engineering tasks in the transportation and highway engineering field through application of relevant design criteria, standards and processes. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple design projects and assist in the preparation of engineering documents for advertisement and construction and construction cost estimates.
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program.
- PE required (PA License Preferred)
- Apply job specific quality control tasks as defined in a quality control handbook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, MicroStation and Inroads or GEOPAK is desired.
- Experience with project delivery of State Agency Transportation Departments.
- Experience with project delivery of PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission projects preferred.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting requirements and procedures.
- Familiarity with traffic engineering aspects, such as traffic studies, crash studies, traffic signal plans, signing and pavement marking plans, and traffic control plans.
- General knowledge of highway construction methods, and ability to manage the preparation of pre-bid construction schedules and pre-bid construction cost estimates.
- Ability to manage others and facilitate teamwork.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and monitor design schedules and budgets.
- 6 to 12 years of design experience in the highway transportation field.
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/PTO and an outstanding work environment.