Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Year-Round Sales Director
at ESF Camps
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- ESF Headquarters
- Targeted Job Start Date
- Regular Full-Time
A full-time Sales Director is responsible for executing ESF’s year-round strategic sales initiatives while overseeing a team of Sales Coordinators. They are responsible for leading the promotion of ESF’s camp programs and selling weeks to prospective and alumni families in-person and over the phone utilizing various strategic marketing efforts. The Sales Director is responsible for overseeing sales initiatives and events in addition to selling camp and building positive relationships with customers.
We are seeking a motivated and sales-driven Director who believes deeply in the organization’s mission and who displays a record of achievement in sales, customer service and grassroots marketing. The Sales Director must be capable of managing a team while assessing web analytics and alumni/new prospect data to better understand customer behavior and to improve camp sales for new and returning families.
Position Scope Factors
Oversee and actively sell the following camp programs offered across multiple locations in PA, CT, DE, MD, NJ and NY.
- Mini Camp: age 3 (certain locations only)
- Day Camp: ages 4 – 8
- Sports Camp: ages 6 - 14
- Senior Camp: ages 9 – 15
- Major and Tech Specialty Camps: ages 6 – 14
- ESF’s Single Sports Camp programs offered in partnership with the Philadelphia Phillies and Philadelphia Union: ages 6 - 14
- Year-round Enrichment programs at Episcopal, Haverford, and Riverdale locations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Set direction and sales goals for direct reports.
- Track team and company’s sales results.
- Complete team performance evaluations and develop staff.
- Develop partnerships with primary schools, corporations, not-for-profits and other organizations in an effort to build strong sales opportunities.
- Lead promotional campaign to connect with area feeder schools, leagues, corporations, and other community organizations.
- Partner with site schools to create on-campus and online sales opportunities, including mailing lists, signage and promoting ESF Camps at school admissions events.
- Implement and oversee call campaigns to alumni and prospective parents. Must be comfortable making over 50 calls per day and up to 200 per week during major sales campaigns.
- Make outgoing calls to connect with returning families and new customers.
- Field phone calls from prospective camp families, respond to their inquiries, promote ESF’s programs and facilitate enrollment.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team and use market research to build upon grassroots outreach.
- Oversee and participate in promotional and customer service events including Open Houses, Camp Fairs and Family Orientations.
- Effectively utilize ESF’s online enrollment and lead tracking system.
- Conduct tours of the camp facilities to prospective customers when applicable.
- Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies.
Position Competencies for Success
- Understand and support the mission of the organization.
- Must be sales driven, pro-active and an active listener.
- Experienced leader with a vision.
- Solid understanding of web analytics with strong analytical skills to better understand customer behavior and optimize B to C sales efforts via the web.
- The ability to plan, lead and assist in one or more forms of grassroots, local marketing campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills; convey enthusiasm, knowledge, helpfulness and confidence.
- Computer proficient, especially with online enrollment and lead tracking systems such as ACTIVE and HubSpot.
- The ability to work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work. Positive attitude, with ability to show patience, care and empathy to camp families.
- Must be flexible, adaptive and a team player.
- Minimum five (5) years of prior experience working in a high volume sales and customer interfacing role, preferably selling/promoting seasonal or recreational program in person and over the phone.
- Previous experience leading a team and managing direct reports.
- Ability to sell camp effectively using a variety of marketing skills.
- Solid understanding of web analytics with strong analytical skills.
- Experience performing local, grassroots marketing efforts.
- Experience organizing and working promotional events.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to complete tasks with critical deadlines.
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as telephone etiquette skills.
- Must be self-motivated with strong closing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Previous experience using online enrollment and lead tracking systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal sales and/or customer service training preferred
Other Skill Requirements
- Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and verbal language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, and the larger community.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work on the phone up to 6-8 hours per day at certain times of year.
- Willingness to travel to ESF’s sites and markets, as far south as Maryland and as far north as Connecticut.
- Frequent in-person interaction with prospective camp parents and other local marketing prospects.
- Close collaboration with Customer Engagement, Marketing and, at times, Site Leaders.
- Working occasional weekend and evening events will be required.