Gilmore & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gilmore & Associates
The Civil Designer executes technical work assignments on municipal engineering projects individually or as part of a project team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Engineer/Project Manager to maintain established relationships with Municipal clientele.
- Provide design services on municipal capital improvement projects
- Assist with preparing Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
- Assist with preparing bid plans and specifications
- Compose letters, memoranda, reports, applications and studies
- Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
- Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
- 2+ years of municipal engineering experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
- Experience in municipal engineering plan reviews and infrastructure design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional regional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please go to our website to apply