Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
We are currently seeking an Medical Planner to join our team. As a Medical Planner, you are responsible for leading the medical planning effort toward the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities; provide overall programming, master planning, design and medical planning; communicate with clients/user groups to understand project requirements; represent the firm nationally as a technical expert.
- Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
- Participates in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
- Ensures project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
- Develops architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
- Supervises other team members in conjunction with project managers.
- May lead periodical project meetings and presentations; ensure client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
- Participates actively in the firm-wide Healthcare practice within HOK.
- Actively participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
- Promotes the principles of sustainability and Evidence Based Design.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Assists in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Assists in the design development, modification and/or review of medical planning concepts and solutions.
- Assists in establishing overall project budgets and milestone schedules in coordination with project managers, architect and project engineers.
- Coordinate with various consultants to implement medical planning
- Assist in the development of standard materials that describe the portfolio, systems, processes and people of the Healthcare Group.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- knowledge of progressive technical and regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
- knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems – public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
- Actively completing IDP requirements.
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferable.
- Knowledge about sustainability and LEED preferred.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey medical planning needs to designers and other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, Interior Design, or equivalent in education or experience required Master Degree preferred.
- 1-5 years’ prior experience focused on a variety of healthcare projects - full new facilities, additions, renovations, departments with some large-scale, complex healthcare projects required.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.