JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Facility Manager in North York at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3G3Q46JBP4RW59D94T
Job DescriptionThe open position is based in a general office environment of a Global company. The client group is 600 professionals consisting of Sales, Marketing, Finance and Administrative office support teams. The candidate must have a strong Customer Service focus interacting with the office personnel on a daily basis.
This position manages day-to-day AFM activity for an assigned property or properties across our client’s retail and office portfolio. The successful candidate must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage through stressful situations, and consistently make effective, high quality decisions. It is also crucial to understand complex client and customer relationships, developing and maintain relationships. Core responsibilities include budgeting, accounting and finance, oversight of maintenance and operations, management of contracted services, purchasing of equipment and supplies, and occupancy services, administration and helpdesk.
- Act as an ambassador for Real Estate & Workplace, using appropriate etiquette and professionalism at all times
- Directly support the Facility Manager in executing the needs of managing the assigned portfolio.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in the delivery of services to operate and maintain the property including financial, technical, maintenance, procurement, and asset & vendor management.
- Ensure client satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction. Support Global account employee experience initiatives, i.e. hospitality program.
- Assist the client with the meeting services and special events as required.
- Assist with critical after-hour issues & participate as a key team member in response to emergency situations.
- Assist in managing Vendors, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contract and to agreed standards. Document and escalate instances of poor performance.
- Any other activities to support site operations, including, but not limited to: moves / reconfigurations, equipment repairs, events, safety or sustainability practices.
- Manage or assist with various facilities projects and provides input into business cases to support facilities and operating budget recommendations.
- Ensure compliance to Occupational Health and Safety policies, regulations, legislation and cultivate a workplace where health and safety is a priority for client, team members and contractors.
- Under the direction of the Facility Manager, support the MAC team during building churn activity by attending meetings as required and acting as the building key point of contact / escalation.
- Support the Facility Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects for the client.
- Manage Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), “Clarify”, to focus on providing know-how guidance, instruction and support for processes and procedures related to work order management delivery.
- Conduct daily / weekly monthly office inspections, executing appropriate corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual management plan; accomplish key performance indicators as identified by the Account Manager.
- Oversee the appropriate monthly / quarterly / annual reporting appropriate for the client.
- Ensure compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle minimum audit standards.
- Assist in the development and management of the detailed, zero-based annual operating budgets and variance reporting.
- Manage the maintenance of existing contracts.
- Provide assistance in general administrative activities and any other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager or Senior Account Management as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Facilities Management or property management
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience required either in the corporate environment, third party service provider, or as a consultant.
- Experience with managing multiple vendors and small capital projects.
- Working knowledge / understanding of HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing, building maintenance.
- Strong PC literacy and proficiency with all applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Superior people management skills.
- Superior client relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills to meet contractual deadlines and simultaneously handle and prioritize multiple projects, tasks and requests.
- Thorough knowledge of audio visual equipment.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL’s investment in employees’ needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.joneslanglasalle.ca/canada/en-ca/careers to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 65157BR