Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Accounting Biller
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is looking for passionate, motivated individuals to join our growing team of Project Accountants.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare complex client invoices (Cost Plus, Time and Materials, & Fixed Price) and complete monthly billing
- Ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with company accounting standards and government requirements.
- Responsible for project set up and budgeting
- Review contract terms and associated information to ensure project set up generates appropriate results.
- Ensure all billing transactions are completed and accurately recorded in the Accounting system
- Investigate and resolve billing issues to ensure jobs are billed within the appropriate time
- Review sub consultant invoices for contractual compliance and process vouchers
- Assist Project Managers regularly with project set up/closeout, monitoring and analysis.
- Monitor & Analyze monthly project financials and on-going revenue recognition
- Scanning, Indexing and filing invoices into the electronic document management system
- High school diploma or equivalent and related experience, Associates Degree preferred
- Experience using computerized accounting systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills required
- Experience working in accounting operations for an engineering/ architectural or construction firm or some other professional services preferred
- Job cost support and invoice processing preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical thinking/Problem solving
- Client Focused
- Planning and organizing/Time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.