Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler 1St Shift
at Levin Furniture
Performs the unloading, loading, staging of merchandise in compliance with product handling standards in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities;
1. Performs the unloading, loading, staging, and warehousing of merchandise.
2. Practices safe and secure material handling methods and distributes merchandise properly in accordance with product handling standards.
3. Verifies purchase order, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information prior to
receiving, picking or loading merchandise.
4. Practices safe and secure loading methods to utilize the maximum amount of trailer space and avoid
5. Reports errors found on documents to supervisor.
6. Completes all documentation neatly and accurately.
7. Operates manual and mechanical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
8. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and listening skills.
- Basic reading and comprehension skills.
- Basic numerical reasoning skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork in an accurate, neat and efficient manner.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand , push, pull and lift cartons weighing approximately 50 - 100+ lbs. repetitively.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous material handling experience preferred.