Management Science Associates Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analytics Associate II
at Management Science Associates Inc.
Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology. We are currently seeking a dependable and highly motivated Business Analytics Associate II candidate for our Business Analysis division. This position will work alongside managers and other associates to answer client questions through data wrangling and analytics as well as advanced statistical methods. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and interested in going to great lengths to understand the data's story while successfully managing multiple assignments and responsibilities. For the right candidate this position is ideal as our team is passionate about what we do and we work on high impact projects at a swift pace. Learning and improving is a part of our daily routine and you will be free to develop your own skills and ways of working.
Understanding the data's story is not the end of our work as translating the story into client-centric outcomes and strategies is where our work comes to life. For this reason, client interaction - both written and verbal - will be required and strong communication skills and the ability to build positive client relationships are a must. Clients span a range of industries including fast moving consumer goods, health and beauty products, pharmaceuticals, and other verticals.
- Use statistical techniques with moderate guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies. Interact with clients under guidance from higher-level team members.
- Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
- Develop and maintain efficient analytical code and documentation to manipulate large datasets and conduct statistical analysis with minimal guidance
- Test and debug analytical code. Work with team members to resolve unexpected problems resulting from unusual data and from limitations inherent in software applications and data processing resources.
- Present analytical results to internal team members, and provide support during client presentations
- Develop in-depth understanding of client's product and marketing environment
- Mentor, train and guide lower level team members
- Assist division management in sales efforts, such as preparing materials and performing research
- Bachelor's degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience. MBA or relevant Master's degree may substitute for up to one year of related experience.
- Minimum one year of related experience performing analytical problem solving within market research, data analytics, computer science, or related field
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills. Proficient with statistical methods, models, and analytics
- Organized with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for quality standards
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Coding skills for data science analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, SAS, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- Self-motivated for continued learning and growth
- High degree of flexibility
- Accepting of change and uncertainty
- Ability to form client relationships