MPW Industrial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Helpdesk Manager
at MPW Industrial Services
Manages the IT helpdesk staff while also providing technical support to users across all areas of IT including client hardware and software as well as mobile platforms. Provides leadership and guidance for the IT Support Specialists with an emphasis on improving processes, efficiency, reporting, and our overall customer experience. Ensures that helpdesk requests are recorded and resolved appropriately and in a timely fashion whether in person, over the phone, or through remote assistance applications.
- Manages helpdesk operations and staff.
- Creates and maintains standards for desktop, laptop, tablet, and cellular platforms.
- Creates and maintains the appropriate ticket types, priorities, and SLAs within the Help Desk system.
- Distributes workload accordingly across the IT Support Specialist staff and ensures requests are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversees the procurement, receiving, and inventory processes for the Help Desk.
- Tracks and reports on metrics including ticket volumes, SLA adherence, and survey results.
- Manages Vendors.
- Continual process improvement, automation, and documentation.
- Technical lead managing Office 365, MDM, SCCM, and OS deployments.
- Some travel required.
- Safety Awareness: Employee must be aware of conditions that affect employee safety and engineer solutions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Communication through Planning and Organization Management: The ability to establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources in a fast paced changing environment. While expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting language, non-verbal expressions, and terminology to fit the needs of the audience.
- Innovation: Generating creative solutions to work situations and equipment design.
- Developing Organizational Talent: Developing direct reports’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future department needs.
- Customer Service Orientation: Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Associate or bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks for self and others, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong technical background.