Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Groundskeeper @ Camelback RE-ADVERTISED
at Phoenix Union High School District
Openings as of 1/19/2018
- Groundskeeper @ Camelback RE-ADVERTISED JobID: 892
- Position Type:
Facilities, Maintenance & Warehouse/GROUNDSKEEPER
- Date Posted:
DSF- DISTRICT SUPPORT FACILITY (MAINTENANCE)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Groundskeeper DIVISION: Instructional Services
WORK YEAR: 12 Months DEPARTMENT:Plant Facilities
LOCATION: CES, DSF, Schools SALARY SCHEDULE: Support Services
The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the appearance of outside facilities, lawns, plants, and grounds. Performs job related duties as assigned.
1. Performs grounds maintenance and landscaping duties such as mowing, trimming, caring for plants, grass, shrubs, and trees, raking, mulching, fertilizing, and weeding.
2. Removes garbage and debris; empties waste receptacles; cleans fence lines and curbings; sweeps sidewalks, courts, hoses down sidewalks and other hard top surfaces as required.
3. Prepares athletic fields for events; dragging, fertilizing, lining.
4. Repairs sprinklers and sprinkler systems; maintains irrigation ditches.
5. Washes tables and walkways.
6. Trims trees and shrubs; operates weedeater on athletic fields.
7. Maintains tools and equipment; service assigned maintenance vehicles.
8. Assists other trades with duties as needed such as repairing fence lines, delivering equipment, welding, carpentry, heavy equipment operation, etc.
9. Irrigate and sprinkle lawns, play areas, shrubs, trees, ect.
POSITION TITLE: Groundskeeper
1. High school diploma or G.E.D preferred.
2. Six months of experience in grounds maintenance and care of plants, trees, and shrubs.
3. Physical ability to stand, turn, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, lift, push, pull, climb ladders and scaffolds.
4. Ability to work outside during extreme weather conditions.
5. Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions.
6. Ability to operate groundskeeping equipment.
7. Possess a valid
Campus Facility Supervisor/Chief Grounds Equipment Operator.