Pueblo Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor - Civil Engineering
at Pueblo Community College
The purpose of this announcement is to gather information from individuals interested in being an instructor (part-time) within this program. This employment is on a course by course basis. Individuals are usually assigned to one, or more, classes for a single semester, based on program needs. These positions are not eligible for employee benefits through the college. As these assignments are to fill a temporary part-time need, there is no guarantee of future, employment. There may, or may not, be instructor positions currently available. The Faculty Chair may, at their discretion, contact you when they have an instructor opportunity available, which you may be able to assist them with, based on your education, background, experience, and availability.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology degree option prepares students for industrial careers requiring skills in drafting, CAD, mechanical design, 3D solid modeling, rapid product development, manufacturing processes, machining, fluid power, and CNC Programming.
The Civil Engineering Technology degree option prepares students for the surveying, construction, or architectural fields by giving you skills in math, physics, surveying, and civil and architectural design.
From the Advanced Manufacturing Technology Chair:
- What are the degree requirements someone would have to fulfill to teach within your program?
- What discipline?Civil Engineering
- What level (AA, BA, MA, PHD, etc.)? Bachelors in Engineering Preferred Five years’ experience in Civil Engineering with any bachelors but Engineering
- Are there any certifications required to teach in your program? CTE Certification (Can be completed after five years’ experience in the required field)
- Are there any licenses required to teach in your program? NO
- Are there any other minimum qualifications an individual would need to instruct in your program? Minimum Associates degree with five years’ experience in field
- Is there any information you would like potential applicants to be aware of as they are considering submitting an application to instruct in your program? Proficient in AutoCAD
- Other than minimum requirements, are there any other items that you would want to have submitted as part of an application packet for an instructor position (i.e. sample work, teaching plan, teaching philosophy, etc.) NO