The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Compensation Base: $40,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position is responsible for providing clinical services, implementing clinical services policy and standards, and supporting clinical development for the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides casework services to assigned clients as per the guidelines of the Master Case Planning system.
- Performs individual and group therapy under the direction of an appropriate clinical staff member.
- Provides appropriate documentation which includes: developing treatment plans and monthly reports on client behavior, attitude, achievement, education, and overall progress in the program in accordance with the Master Case Planning system procedures.
- Participates in conferences regarding client behavior, diagnosis, and progress as a member of the treatment planning team.
- Interacts closely with school staff members to ensure overall treatment goals and educational outcomes are accomplished.
- Effectively role models responsible behavior.
- Conducts in-service training and clinical consultations as well as assisting with regulatory compliance.
- Serves as liaison with external contacts such as probation officers, family members, and other interested parties.
- Interprets programmatic treatment needs for staff members and assists with providing and implementing the integrated services.
- Assumes responsibility for specified areas of service such as client follow-up, group therapy sessions, family therapy sessions, etc.
- Assumes supervisory role in the absence of a supervisor based upon program/facility requirements and licensure.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the clinical program, which includes individual/group counseling and scheduled daily programmatic activities.
- Ensures all documentation is completed in a timely manner and meets regulatory compliance.
- Represents the program/facility at judicial hearings.
- Ensures that goals and objectives from clients’ individualized treatment plans are being addressed. Modifies clients’ individualized treatment plan as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of recreational, social, and treatment related activities.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Master’s Degree in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing or other related field and one (1) year of clinical experience.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- Other Qualifications: