The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Leadership Development Program
Compensation Base: $15.50 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Counselor provides a full range of counseling/case management services to delinquent/dependent youth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and implements case management activities
- Develops and implements treatment plans
- Provides individual counseling and related documentation
- Provides group counseling and related documentation
- Participates in and documents case consultations, including quarterly treatment reviews
- Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries
- Attends court hearings
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with parents/legal guardians, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress
- Provides continuing care planning by making contacts to appropriate referrals and writing the plan
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.