The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Compensation Base: $15.50 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The Counselor provides a full range of counseling/case management services to delinquent/dependent female youth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities.
- Coordinates and implements case management activities
- Develops and implements treatment plans
- Provides individual counseling and related documentation
- Provides group counseling and related documentation
- Participates in and documents case consultations, including quarterly treatment reviews
- Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries
- Attends court hearings
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress
- Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with parents/legal guardians, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients’ progress
- Provides continuing care planning by making contacts to appropriate referrals and writing the plan
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.