The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: HARRISBURG ABRAXAS STUDENT ACADEMY
Compensation Base: $35,000.00 annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The position provides specialized instruction in two or more subject areas in order to help clients learn the subject matter or skills.
- Employs a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are outlined in the school curriculum; create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’ maturity.
- Creates and maintains accurate client and administrative documents such as daily attendance and grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and behavior.
- Participates as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Coordinate classroom activities, which may include group meetings, field trips, and assemblies.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student’s achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and one (1) year teaching experience.
- State certification (public (level I or II) or private) in education.
- Certification in two or more subject areas OR middle school certification.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.