The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS YORK COUNTY PA DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating employment job searches for program participants in the community, including initial assessment, scheduling and supervision of participants. It is responsible for ensuring that all field and phone surveillance requirements are met. In addition, it provides individual and group job readiness discussions and training in accordance with organizational policies and contract requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Employment Specialists shall interview program participants to determine their specific employment, training and vocational needs.
- Employment Specialists shall conduct training workshops for on-site staff as necessary to familiarize them with all facets of the requirements for obtaining employment for the benefit of program participants
- Employment Specialists shall develop and maintain relationships with business and industry organizations to ensure that employment programming is current and relevant to the current labor market and to promote the program participant’s employment placement.
- Contacts prospective employers and employment services by phone, mail and in-person to describe the program’s objects and solicit cooperation in providing job opportunities. Prepares and keeps current a list of all prospective employers and jobs available in the area. Establish a referral system.
- Meets with clients to establish a job search work plans that is both viable and realistic.
- Conducts group meetings with unemployed clients weekly to teach job search skills including application completion, resume writing, or interviewing techniques so that they might present themselves in a more positive way to prospective employers and increase their employment potential.
- Develops and maintains a job bank, referral sources for vocational training classes, and Community Resource Manual so that updated employment opportunities and resources will be readily available to clients.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the state, county and federal program administrators who can provide assistance to residents with on-the-job training and education. Contacts other available sources of subsidized assistance training programs.
- Makes entries in clients files regarding employment and school status and progress so that progress can be measures and assistance given, as needed.
- Maintains or exceeds employment goals that have been established by management to improve client’s morale and enhance self-esteem through employment.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) or more years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for previous experience.
- Familiar with community work force needs, public and private agencies, and employment services.
- Must hold a current and active Driver’s License and be insurable by The Company’s insurance company.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft programming and general computer skills preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Ability to instruct and effectively interface with residents and staff
- Ability to maintain positive community relationships.
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Ability to motivate and create an atmosphere of enthusiasm toward work ethic.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER