The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $60,000/Year
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The primary function of the Manager, Mental Health is to manage and direct the activities of the Mental Health program.
- Supervise, assist with hiring, evaluate staff performance, develop measurable objectives for necessary improvements, and implement appropriate corrective action to staff. Adhere to human resources policies and utilizes Human Resources when necessary.
- Oversee clients’ individualized treatment planning process and provides assistance as required.
- Provide direct supervision of the direct care staff members and coordinate the programmatic activities with other departments to optimize client services.
- Oversee direct care staff members scheduling to ensure compliance with maximum contractual guidelines, control overtime, and to ensure fair and equitable staff member schedules.
- Review and approve direct care staff members timesheets to ensure accuracy and completeness and submit to appropriate payroll personnel in a timely manner to process payroll at the end of each pay period.
- Regularly participate with and supervise clients in specific daily programmatic activities. Ensure contractual compliance and services provided in a professional manner.
- Review case files for quality and timeliness and provides direction and assistance to other supervisory staff as needed. Review performance measures on a monthly basis and address programmatic improvement needs directly with staff members.
- Evaluate and coordinate training needs with the training staff and assist with ensuring training needs are met for regulatory compliance purposes.
- Serve as a point of contact between supervisory staff and program/facility management.
- Assist program/facility director with programmatic goals and development.
- Assist with managing client flow such as entering, discharging, and reentering program/facility.
- Monitor the ordering of supplies and materials for the program/facility to operate effective programmatic activities remaining within budgetary and fiscal guidelines.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum four years of progressively responsible experience in residential and non-residential program/facility of which two years experience must be in a supervisory or managerial level
- Master’s degree in related field and minimum two years of progressively responsible experience in residential and non-residential program/facility of which one year experience must be in a supervisory or managerial level
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.