The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outdoor Recreation Team Leader
at The Geo Group
Facility: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Compensation Base: $15.50 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Outdoor Recreation Team Leader works directly with youth while performing outdoor activities and experiential programming. Works with individuals who are motivated to challenge youth in a variety of ways. Also works in a direct care position in the facility and outdoors to teach youth how to challenge themselves and how to work as a team. Experience in hiking, canoeing or challenge course facilitation is preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements the daily activity schedule and coordinates client activities.
- Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Provides effective people security (e.g., headcounts, room checks, client movement).
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
- Facilitates and documents various groups/meetings.
- Ensures the unit has adequate supplies (e.g., hygiene products, cleaning supplies).
- Administers medication or supervises self administration of medication when necessary.
- Knows and implements emergency procedures (e.g., evacuation, CPR/first aid).
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
High School Diploma or GED
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.