The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M0QW6L0D55XLBRGS5
Facility: MOSHANNON VALLEY CORRECTIONAL CENTE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Evaluates inmates for mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Diagnoses disorders and determines the appropriate course of treatment. Responsible for directing and coordinating mental health functions as well as supervising and training staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs psychological evaluation on inmate population for mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Diagnoses disorders, including nature and extent. Determines the appropriate course of treatment.
- Evaluates inmates mental status as to the need for transfer.
- Provides psychotherapy counseling to treat illness or distress.
- Possesses a complete awareness of psychotropic medications, but cannot prescribe.
- Instructs staff and officers in suicide identification and subsequent prevention techniques.
- Provides in-service education for medical and correctional staff as required. Performs and trains staff on crisis intervention techniques.
- Performs administrative duties in keeping accurate records of detainee/inmate contact, documenting all services provided, filling out required reports and analyses as required.
- Consults with the Physician or Psychiatrist as needed for the proper health care needs of the detainee/inmate.
- Participates in review of the quality of care provided.
- Ph.D, Psy.D, or EdD in Psychology from an accredited university.
- Current license in Psychology in Pennsylvania. (Current copy of license must be on file at the facility at all times.)
- Five (5) years of psychological work experience.
- Two (2) years of correctional work experience is preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!