The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T MEDICAL ASSISTANT
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: J3M0MX6216HLM0XZMWM
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: GEORGE W. HILL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position assists the Medical, Admissions, and Clinical departments with client information reporting, maintains all client-related medical information, coordinates functions of the Medical department, and processes medical assistance data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers prescriptions or “over the counter” medications, first aid, and triages to clients as needed on the shift.
- Completes the medical intake process including measuring vital signs and initial health assessments.
- Initiates, maintains, and files medical information in client medical files.
- Orders and maintains stock and prescription medications and medical supplies throughout the program.
- Escorts clients to “off site” medical appointments and assists with medical providers when necessary.
- Performs daily assessments of program medical issues and consults or coordinates with appropriate medical staff members as required to ensure medical department operations are completed.
- Composes routine letters, correspondence, memos, reports, and other confidential information to placing agencies, contracted medical providers and guardians.
- Maintains medical statistical data and completes monthly reports as assigned
- Completes the medical billing process and provides accurate medical insurance information to contracted medical providers.
- Archives medical records and processes all requests for medical information.
- Initiates and processes medical referrals and transportation requests.
- Assists with staff and client education and training.
- Performs and completes all duties of a Medical Technician as required
- Attends staff meetings and conferences as required.
- Supports the company’s philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- May be required to intervene or physically manage aggressive clients as trained by safe crisis management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certified medical assistant and minimum three years related medical experience or combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of residents and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Criminal clearances
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam
- Valid insured registered vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!