The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: Leadership Development Program
Compensation Base: $15.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Youth Development Specialist implements the activities which support the daily schedule. The Youth Development Specialist supervises and interacts with clients, observes and addresses client behavior, and documents services in client files.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
• Provides effective people security (e.g., headcounts, room checks, client movement).
• Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
• Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
• Facilitates and documents various groups/meetings.
• Administers medication or supervises self administration of medication when necessary.
• Knows and implements emergency procedures (e.g. evacuation, CPR/first aid).
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.