The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Development Specialist
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH MOUNTAIN YOUTH CENTER
Compensation Base: $15.00/hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Youth Development Specialist implements the activities which support the daily schedule. The Youth Development Specialist supervises and interacts with clients, observes and addresses client behavior, and documents services in client files.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Completes security calls to night supervisor.
- Maintains regular communication with co-worker(s).
- Supervises morning routine; observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures client location.
- Conducts and documents random/unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) and utilizes the Guard 1 system.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including
High School Diploma or GED.
• Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.